December 28, 2011

Spritz Cookie

After the earlier featured macaroons I was left with a surplus of egg yolks. Luckily this spritz cookie recipe called for yolks. My version of the cookie was chai flavored and once I got past spritzing, ahem, challenges, I was in business. This cookie proved to be the runaway favorite with the junior members of the Modern Klatch household.

Butter, flour, sugar, egg yolks, and a seriously slick spritzer.

2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest

(Chai Masala took place of the last two ingredients - for my mix I used cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and cardamom)

The cookies bake at 350 just 12 or so minutes.

The over-sized dark chocolate chip helped mask my spritzing imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...