October 12, 2011

The Poop List

We've been talking a lot about favorite kids books. But then there are books that make us cringe. My friend L cannot stand Everyone Poops by Taro Gomi and that book inspired the Poop List.


D has many excellent book recommendations but the English Roses by Madonna are not a favorite.

My husband D dislikes anything Caillou. “He is an insipid little do-gooder. No four-year old is that well behaved.”



B says Arthur books are on his Poop List – “he bothers me.” And what is Arthur anyways? In case you are wondering if he is a rat or a hampster, he is neither, he is an aardvark.

I know it has many fans but reading Are You My Mother? ranks on my list somewhere between cleaning the baseboards and sitting in a dental chair. And how do you explain to your kid where the deadbeat daddy bird is?

Another one that gets my goat is Mike Mulligan and the Steam Shovel. The book has its following, including in my own household but I despise reading it.



What books make your Poop List?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...