April 18, 2011

Windows in Need of TLC (or HGTV)

In real life decorating rarely happens overnight. For most of us it is full of agonizing decisions, second guessing, occasional tragicomic mishaps, and ultimately sweet triumph (or back to redecorating board). After living in our house for a year (60s ranch but gutted and renovated), we’ve been chipping away at a long list of beautification projects. The time has come to give some much needed TLC to master bedroom windows…

Classic 'before'

Fabric selection is much like training for a race. It requires diligence and discipline. After hours of perusing swatches online, I have the Dwell Studio fabrics line committed to memory by pattern name and color. I pick out my favorites, choose one, and then change my mind. Eventually I settle on a beautiful swirly but geometric pattern with charcoal background…

Photo: DwellStudio.com


Hitting “submit” button is a relief! Waiting for fabric to arrive is like watching paint dry. A few hours later and I am already checking the website to see if the order has shipped (it hasn’t). Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...