January 5, 2012

Chic Housekeeping

Happy New Year, Friends!

Dreary January seems to be all about organizing, clearing out, and making fresh starts. So with that I am turning my sights to household chores. Let me be perfectly clear: I do not enjoy cleaning. But I equally detest filth, just ask my cleaning lady. As I write this, I am trying not to dwell on the state of society that manages to turn laundry detergent into a luxury item. It’s just that these cleaning products smell great, make one feel good about making the right choices for the planet, and they are pretty.

First, Bon Ami. It sounds French. But it’s American to the core. Dating to 1890s Bon Ami doesn’t have weird chemicals and is still priced as if we lived a century ago. And the little yellow chick is adorable. I can tell you, it works wonder on messes left by the junior set in the Klatch household. But enough gushing, it’s just a cleaning product. 

Bon Ami Cleaner

Awwww, just look at the little chickie!

Next, Mrs. Meyer’s soap in Basil. It smells unbelievable! I have high hopes for their Parsley soap and Geranium laundry products.

Mrs. Meyer's Soap in Basil

For years I used fragrance-free dish liquid. The light citrusy fragrance makes one feel like dishes are actually a bit cleaner but doesn’t have that awful chemical smell.

Seventh Generation Dish Liquid

The Lemon Verbena-Thyme spray almost makes you forget that you are doing dull chores.

Seventh Generation Herby Spray

Last but not least this cute candle in a ceramic jar that I ordered from Anthro, smells like freshly baked cookies.



Yes. That was an entire post devoted to household cleaning products.  Mock me if you dare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...